We are looking for a detail-oriented Supervisor/Senior accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, co-ordinate with GSC Finance Team for account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, handling audit requirements, and performing other accounting duties as assigned by the GSC Finance Head.
To be successful as a Supervisor/ Senior accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of IFRS and strong financial analysis skills. An outstanding Supervisor/Senior accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure. This role will report to the GSC Finance Head.
Main tasks and Responsibilites
MIS & GL:
- Prepare accurate and timely Monthly PNL & BS reports to Country Head/Branch head and Head office & Year End Financial reports in co-ordination with GSS Finance Head, to meet deadlines defined by Management.
- Ensure Recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions by Service center accounts team in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards(IFRS), Indian Accounting Standards (IAS) wherever applicable.
- Coordinate with internal & external auditors & provide necessary information and prepare requested documentations & schedules (prepayments, loan schedule, AP ageing, deposits etc.). Ensure that the Audit is completed as per the scheduled time. This task is Supervisor/Senior accountant responsibility.
- As a partner in the accounting process, recommend how to improve efficiency using automation
- Manage all accounting transactions, Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings (Finalization of accounts). Publish financial statements in time to GSC Finance Head.
- Prepare the budget in consultation with Country Head/Branch head and publish to global team and ensure that Internal controls, cost control measures and expense management is followed in the branch offices.
- Understand Corporate Laws and regulations and other local laws of the country and ensure compliance with all statutory requirements, in coordination with concerned country team.
- Cash flow: Prepare weekly cash flow forecast & discuss on the funding/cash flow requirement with HO.
Bank, overheads, Payables & Reconciliation
- Ensure reconciliation of payable and receivable accounts are carried out in Service center, co-ordinate to pass necessary Accruals, reclass, prepayment & provisions entries etc.,
- Ensure timely bank payments to suppliers done from Service center as per the credit agreed.
- Ensuring that revenue & COS & intercompany transactions are reconciled properly and settlement to group companies are done monthly.
- Fixed asset register maintenance, keeping a track of assets needed to be capitalized.
- Petty cash monitoring/cash advances reconciliation
Key interactions (Internal | External)
External: Statutory Consultants (For compliance) | Auditors (Statutory/Internal) | Banks | Internal: Finance | HR & Admin | Operations | Commercial | Sales
CA-Inter/CMA Qualified/MBA/M Com
English – Fluent (required) and Hindi is a Plus
Background and experience
- 7 to 10+ years’ experience in a similar role with a Freight Forwarding industry background
- Auditing experience
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills
Competencies and skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills when under pressure and tight work deadlines
- Team management and leadership qualities
- Good computer skills (cargo wise software, related logistics/ shipping/ marine certification, MS Office – Excel)