In this role, you will:
- To plan all laden and empty transshipments ensuring 100% connection in a timely and efficient manner.
- To monitor and manage all laden transshipment ensuring 100% connection, and providing reliable & professional service to all origin & destination offices to deliver their cargo safely & efficiently.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Prepare a transshipment Load-list based on transshipment discharge data from the internal system and submit it for review and approval.
- Prepare final transshipments loading list location-wise and update the system and verify for accuracy.
- Prioritize transshipment loading based on urgent delivery requests.
- Inform the load port about expected delays in deployment/before-time arrivals and reasons for such delays/before-time arrivals.
- Update respective ports about the delay/advance arrival of any shipment.
- Prepare transhipments to discharge summary report for connection nomination.
- Update nomination on the system and generate the final transshipment discharge list.
- Update manifest based on discharge list.
- Send Load Confirmation to the destination port (DP) within an hour of vessel departure.
- Monitor transshipment containers for damages.
- Arrange for replacement in case of any damage happened to the containers being used
- Inform the claims department about damaged containers received
- Follow up with the claims department regarding the status of the damaged container to ensure timely loading
- Other Duties related to the transshipment desk from time to time.
- Review and understand the terms of the feeder agreement, update the contractual rate as per voyage
- Maintain the rates and manage the third-party feeder contractual rates
- Co-ordinate and update the amendment as required and maintain the documents for records
Key interactions (Internal | External)
External: Port Agencies
Internal: Line Management
Degree / Diploma or relevant experience. Proficient in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
English – Fluent (required)
Background and experience
- Basis knowledge with Liner cargo operations
- Knowledge of Terminal operating systems, shipping operations, vessel services and port rotations.
Competencies and skills
- Good time management/ ownership of task completion.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight work deadlines.
- Out-of-the-box thinking / Problem solving/Reporting.