Responsible for overseeing business growth efforts on behalf of a company. Identify new customers for developing the Agency business and bring more sales for generating a decent revenue. Managing the customers without any kind of issues.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Keep a close contact with customers and build a good rapport and trust with them to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Ensure services are delivered to the customers as promised and/or that the customers are kept informed of relevant deviations.
- Research and recommend prospects for new business opportunities.
- Research and analyze sales options.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements.
- Collect and analyze information and prepare data and sales reports.
- Build and maintain professional networks.
- Meet with potential clients to determine their needs
Key interactions (Internal | External)
External: Customers | Vendors
Internal: Finance | HR & Admin | Operations | Commercial | Sales
Graduate/ Masters level education, Good computer skills (shipping software, EBMS, Tally, finance module, related logistics/ shipping/ marine certification, MS Office – Excel)
English – Fluent (required)
Background and experience
- 3+ years’ experience within Sales, preferable with 2+ years’ experience in Agency/Container Sales.
- Knowledge of containers and its movement, trade lanes, ports, pricing, and procedures and necessary legal requirements
- Knowledge of Terminal operating systems, shipping operations, vessel services.
Competencies and skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills when under pressure and tight work deadlines
- Team management and leadership qualities