As an Executive in Procurement for our container conversion business, your primary responsibility is to manage and optimize the procurement process, ensuring the timely and cost-effective sourcing of materials and components required for container conversion projects. You will play a crucial role in securing quality supplies, negotiating contracts, and contributing to the overall success of our projects.
Job Role Description
- Identify, evaluate, and select suppliers based on quality, cost, reliability, and delivery performance.
- Maintain strong relationships with existing suppliers and seek opportunities to expand our supplier network.
- Negotiate contracts, terms, and conditions with suppliers to secure favorable agreements.
Sourcing and Procurement:
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to meet project requirements and deadlines.
- Source materials and components required for container conversion projects.
- Monitor market trends and pricing to make informed procurement decisions.
- Analyze pricing proposals and quotations to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Implement cost reduction strategies without compromising quality or project timelines.
- Maintain accurate records of procurement transactions and costs.
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure that materials and components meet quality standards and specifications.
- Address quality issues and non-conformities promptly.
- Manage inventory levels to avoid shortages or overstock situations.
- Implement inventory control measures to optimize storage and reduce carrying costs.
Compliance and Documentation:
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies, regulations, and ethical standards.
- Maintain procurement documentation, including contracts, purchase orders, and supplier agreements.
Supplier Performance Evaluation:
- Conduct regular supplier performance evaluations and assessments.
- Identify opportunities for supplier improvement and develop action plans as needed.
- Timely and cost-effective procurement of materials and components.
- Cost savings achieved through negotiations and cost control measures.
- Supplier performance ratings and improvements.
- Compliance with procurement policies and regulations.
- Inventory management and optimization.
- Quality assurance and reduction in material defects
Graduate, Engineer (not mandatory)
English, Arabic (not mandatory)
Background and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in the Purchase field
- UAE experience is preferred.
- Experience in Container conversion field (Optional)
- Proven experience in procurement and vendor management, preferably in manufacturing or construction.
- Knowledge in structural & grade steel materials, Building materials and engineering components.
Competencies and skills
- Communication skills
- Quick learning skills
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in procurement software and tools.
- Knowledge of supply chain best practices.
- Familiarity with quality control and inventory management.